Friday, July 6, 2012

Stuff I Just Love, Edition #1

In lieu of having anything interesting to say today, yet still feeling the desire to post something in this blog, I have decided to share some things I have stumbled upon in recent days that I simply just love.

This image from the National Geographic "Best of June 2012"  is fabulous. 

I love the way the goldfish is framed in the bowl. The distortion of its fins is beautiful, almost fantasy-like. And the colours are so vibrant.

One could make up all sorts of stories to go along with this photo.
 
I can't wait to go home and make this my desktop wallpaper for the rest of the summer.



Browsing Society6 today I found this artist, Valentina. I wish I could create in this style. Please click on the images for larger view, because the amount of detail is amazing. This artist fills her images in a paisley kind of style. There is also a quirkiness in the subject matter that I just love.


If you're reading this now, you would appreciate the next thing I'd like to share. Go on Facebook and "Like" The Art People. I look forward to seeing their posts in my news feed, mostly arts-related quotes and images. For example, this one below by Picasso is how I'm feeling these days:



Finally, the last thing I want to share is the Red Lemon Club. I didn't find this site, they actually found me on Twitter.

The slogan speaks for itself: the site offers helpful insight for professional creatives. They cover everything from how to get people to pay you, to networking and finding (and keeping!) clients. 


On second thought, it appears that I've lied, I do have one more thing to share. Let's not neglect music in this post. I love love love Karla Davis's acoustic cover of Maroon 5's Payphone. Story of my life.



That concludes my very first post about Stuff I Just Love. As much as I want to share my own work, I also want to share the things that inspire me and keep me motivated to keep pushing through. I hope you enjoyed it :)


1 comments:

Ben said...

Karla Davis kinda flunked on THE VOICE, but then again...many talented artists flopped and not always the right ones won.