Monday, February 20, 2012

Home Decor 101: what to do with those beautiful flowers a week later...

In addition to putting up artwork I am also using this blog to post all sorts of ideas that I have. Today's lesson: home decor.

I feel like this post is appropriate considering Valentine's Day was about a week ago. By now the lovely flowers you received are probably half dead, but you just don't have the heart to throw them out-- right? Well, fear no more! Here is a whimsical way to display what is salvageable from that V-Day bouquet.



Surprisingly, these little white flowers are still in really good shape. The dried rose petals are interesting colours, and still smell amazing. I also took some macro shots, in case I should ever feel inspired to use these flowers as references for a painting.


Thanks for checking in! I'm always interested in other artsy decor ideas so feel free to share in the comment section below. And if you aren't already, make sure to follow my blog for more updates and arts related news, ideas, and trends.



2 comments:

Kyla M. said...

Not many homeowners realize that dried flowers can be turned to an awesome ornament for your home. When I was still residing in 100 W Chestnut Apartments Chicago, we make use of my mom's thrown dead flowers as displays similar to this one.

Unknown said...

Not bad for a decoration idea! I'm sure my wife would love to incorporate this in our new home in Provo housing.