Saturday, December 21, 2013

More Horse Drawings


Since I've been sick I haven't been making much art. I kind of hate myself for it, but at the same time I can't blame myself if I just don't feel it. It's like Lyme disease attacked the part of my brain that is responsible for my creativity and my passion. I truly don't want to do anything anymore. 

But I realized I haven't posted in a while, and there were a few drawings I didn't share, so I figured I would add this entry.

"Running Horse" is a graphite drawing I started when I was sick and was just starting to feel better. It was intended as an anatomical value study. It took me a while before I revisited it and finished the mane, but eventually it was done. 

pencil graphite drawing value study of a running horse high contrast musculature anatomy

This second one is just a little sketch from a picture. I don't remember when I drew this, and don't recall having posted it before so I figured I would.  

pencil graphite drawing full value scale horse running through grass

And then we have Joy. I still haven't finished Joy. It's done in conte, and I don't have any light caramel colour conte to do the bridle and halters.. so this drawing that is several years in the making remains unfinished still. I'm a little apathetic to the situation. I'll finish it eventually.

Color conte drawing of bay horse head unfinished from sketchbook

All of these images are taken from my Instagram account because of a combination of being busy and lazy, I haven't gotten around to scanning and uploading them properly. Please, do follow me on Instagram! @salainart

0 comments: