Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Stuff I Just Love: Edition #2

I thought it was due time for another post about Stuff I Just Love. First I would like to mention that as of today I have changed the layout of this blog in order to include more of my personal work. The background was made using a drawing from my sketchbook that I scanned, vectorized, manipulated, and tiled. I am very happy with it. 

 cARTographyTO

Last month, an activist group replaced the ads in Toronto's new sidewalk "infopillars" with artwork. Read about it in the National Post here. I say, props to these artists for making such a bold move. If the masses are to be brainwashed, do it by inspiring them with creativity, encouraging them to open their eyes to the world around them, and giving them something to think about. 


 
Watercolours by Dean Crouser 
colorful crow watercolor
It is no wonder his work appeals to my aesthetic. Vibrant splashes of colour mingle with each other to produce stunning portraits of wildlife. The artist uses atypical hues with remarkable finesse that makes his work so intense and completely captures the viewer.


Derek Gores

colorful photorealistic collage nude woman
Its all about colour today. This artist takes typical collage technique to an extreme. The amount of detail in his photo-realistic collages is unbelieveable. Gores' use of colour is, in my opinion, flawless. He knows where he can add a pop of unexpected colour without it clashing or stealing attention away from the piece as a whole. The more you look, the more you see.

 www.derekgores.com

Fresh Paint Gallery

street art fresh paint peinte frais please dont feed the artists chevolepeace sign text shut up i wear heels bigger than your dickstreet art racoon fresh paint peinte frais
Literally stumbled across the Fresh Paint gallery a few weeks ago when strolling around downtown Montreal. It is nice change to step back from the mainstream and explore this building that was covered, literally, top to bottom in all kinds of art. The gallery featured work from well known graffiti artists and groups like En Masse, as well as unconventional work from the more underground scene.  


0 comments: